November 5, 2007
Heavyweight (205lbs +)
- Fedor Emelianenko – All right, wantedbadass gets what he wants and Fedor returns atop the list. A long wait until his next fight.
- Minotauro Nogueira – This is the classic 1-2 ranking for heavyweights. Big Nog is likely the next UFC Champion.
- Randy Couture – Too many variables in his status right now.
- Gabe Gonzaga – Has upcoming chance to avenge a loss to BJJ master Fabricio Werdum.
- Josh Barnett – He needs to show up somewhere quick or he drops.
- Andrei Arlovski – Nice right hand, kicks, and good Sambo base. Very athletic 240lber. Status with UFC is up in the air right now.
- Mirko Cro Cop – Still hanging by resume.
- Tim Sylvia – He did what he had to do against Vera.
- Sergei Kharitonov – I wish the UFC would sign this guy.
- Aleksander Emelianenko – The Grim Reaper is probably gonna drop next time.
- Rampage Jackson – All he needs now is to beat a Chute Boxe fighter.
- Wanderlei Silva – Has a chance to make a splash in America against redneck hero Chuck Liddell.
- Dan Henderson – Game against all comers.
- Shogun Rua – Didn’t train hard enough for the Forrest fight. Whether that was due to the bad knee or overconfidence is unknown.
- Keith Jardine – The mean dean is #5.
- Forrest Griffin – Lot’s of fight possibilities.
- Chuck Liddell – Has one last shot to be legit again against longtime overseas rival Wanderlei.
- Sokoudjou – Burst onto the scene with major wins over Minotoro and Arona.
- Ricardo Arona – Needs a win.
- Lil Nog – Soon to return, and with his twin in the UFC, could find himself in the octagon.
- Anderson Silva – As many have said, he put a “Street Fighter 9-hit combo” on a comatose Rich Franklin.
- Paulo Filho – One of the very best BJJ guys in the game. I think he’d maul Anderson Silva.
- Dan Henderson – Hopefully he’ll come to his senses and cut weight to make Silva/Hendo happen.
- Matt Lindland – Took Rampage to a very close decision at 205, fought Fedor at heavyweight (losing impart to Fedor’s grabbing the ropes during an attempted takedown,) plus a nice resume and very good skills.
- Robbie Lawler – Finally poised to do big things.
- Yushin Okami – Did what he does against MacDonald.
- Akiyama – Yeah he greased up to stop Sakuraba’s single leg, but the Judo player fucking drilled Kang.
- Denis Kang – Let a cut on the nose bother him and he got stuck. Needs more head movement.
- Travis Lutter – He’s such a loser for not making weight for his title fight, but he did have a good showing anyway.
- Rich Franklin – I pity this man. He should never be allowed to fight Anderson Silva again.
- Matt Hughes – All those team Hughes losses on the Ultimate Fighter do not help Matt Serra at UFC 79.
- Matt Serra – I move him up a little because he is the champ. (Happy Zorn?)
- Georges St. Pierre – Top level talent, still a little wary on big stage.
- BJ Penn – I’m guessing he’ll be the champ at 155 and 170 this time next year.
- Karo Parisyan – Tough fighter that nobody wants to fight. Up next is Chonan.
- Jon Fitch – Picture Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade.
- Jake Shields – Has strung together some quality wins.
- Josh Koscheck– Needs to learn how to work off his back.
- Carlos Condit – Current WEC Champ.
- Diego Sanchez – Needs a win.
- Sean Sherk – Could be back soon, so BJ can tap his ass.
- BJ Penn – Ready to be the best again.
- Gilbert Melendez – The future of the division.
- Calvancanti – The Brazilian knows the ground and has some massive hands.
- Takanori Gomi – The Fireball Kid needs to rebound, but the resume is tops.
- Kawajiri – Longtime Shooto and PRIDE vet would love a rematch with Melendez.
- Shaolin Ribeiro –The BJJ master is currently injured, but is a top tier guy.
- Ishidi – Great motor.
- Roger Huerta – I like Huerta, but upcoming Guida match is where he earns this spot.
- Hermes Franca – Sherk pinned him down and battered him.